Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Congrats Mommy!

This is too cute not to share. We went out last night to celebrate my accomplishment at work. The ice cream was delicious!

In case you're wondering about my big accomplishment. I work as a health educator in tobacco prevention and control. For the past year I have been working with our board of health to ban smoking in outdoor areas frequented by children. Last night they voted to pass the policy banning smoking in the entire two counties I work in. Hooray for their step to protect children from harmful chemicals found in Secondhand Smoke!

6 comments:

Team Shelton said...

Yeah for you, and Chase couldn't be cuter! By the way, how are you? I know I need to call you...I've been busy (yeah lame excuse :))

Anonymous said...

What a great accomplishment!! Love mister ice cream face!

BJ and Steph said...

Nice Work Kristi!! It is about time they passed that! Chase looks ADORABLE!!

Shiree said...

Way to go, Kristi. If (and we are hoping this happens) we move back into those counties I will always think of you when I'm at the park!!

I love little guys big smiles!

the Kates said...

Congratulations Kristi- I am very proud of you and your work.

PML said...

Nice job on the smoking ban! There is nothing more frustrating than taking your child to play somewhere and it is too stinky! Luckily that has only happened to us a few times, and thanks to you, it won't happen to other people.