Sunday, June 26, 2011

Chase's 5th Birthday!

It turned out the Chase didn't just have a 5th birthday he had a 5th birthweekend. We started out the festivities on Saturday with a b-day party with the grandparents.


We gave Chase a playset for the backyard. We wanted it to be a surprise so we sent Chase to my sisters Friday night. Kelly & his dad got to work. It happened to be such a cold night. It was snowing on them for part of the time. They were troopers and built on. Then the next morning after soccer we took him to lunch then his grandma took him to the movie. The one thing we didn't think of was that as she was bringing him home he would see it in the backyard. I called my mother in law and she was not to come home until Chase had fallen asleep in the car. Luckily it was a long day so he fell asleep quickly. Then we kept all the blinds shut so he wouldn't be able to see out until the unveiling. Finally after dinner and presents we went outside. We all got out before him. As he walked out he was silent. I asked him what it was and a big smile spread across his face and he said, "A park." (I got it on film, but I haven't loaded it from my flip camera yet.) It was the best reaction ever! It worked out perfect.
He also loved his turtle cake.

Here he is on his actual birthday morning.

He also had a field trip to a dairy farm for preschool that Taylie & I went on with him. The funniest thing about the field trip was when he came home to tell about it. When asked where the milk came from he said the cow's butt. I said no then he said oh yeah it came out their weiners! We gave him a brief lesson on utters and got that straightened up!

After his t-ball game we met up with his cousins and had ice cream & Taylie gave him her present.

We had a lot of fun celebrating his birthday! What a joy he brings to the family!

No comments: